[Image of Hampton Water / David Fritz Goeppinger]
Jon Bon Jovi and his son Jesse have launched a rosé wine brand. Always a fan of rosé wines, Jon has realized a dream, by collaborating with négociant Gerard Bertand. Together, they’ve created the Diving Into Hampton Water brand. Inspired by the Hamptons, of course, where Jon Bon Jovi’s family has spent its down times.
Diving Into Hapmton Water is produced in France’s Languedoc-Roussillon region, under Bertrand’s guidance. This appellation is known for being the biggest wine producing region in the world, and has more sun than any other area of France. It has Mediterranean and Spanish influences, as it borders the northeastern region of Spain. This Rosé should prove to be intriguingly delicious.
Rock n’ Roll Timeline I’ve created since I first launched the concept on June 30, 2008 :
- Kermit Lynch (1972) ~ Kermit Lynch Wine Merchant
- Robert Foley (1977) ~ Robert Foley Vineyards
- Olivia Newton-John (1983) ~ Koala Blue Winery
- Doobie Brothers manager Bruce Cohn (1984) ~ B.R. Cohn Winery
- Boz Scaggs (1997) ~ Scaggs Vineyard
- Mick Hucknall of Simply Red (2001) Mick (of the British pop group) has a winery in Sicily, where he produces a Nero d’Avola called Il Cantante (“the singer”)
- Mick Fleetwood (2002) ~ Mick Fleetwood Private Cellar
- Bob Dylan (2002) ~ Planet Waveswine
- Andy Hill (2002) ~ English sparkling wine Nyetimber, owned by songwriter Hill, who wrote all the hits for Bucks Fizz
- Sir Cliff Richard (2004): Quinta do Moinho, a vineyard in Portugal, Vida Nova and Wells Wines. Richard has owned his land for over 40 years.
- Jerry Garcia (2005) ~ J. Garcia wines by Clos du Bois
- Mötley Crüe (2005) ~ Vince Vineyards (Can’t find any updates of Website. Was it a one hit wonder?)
- Madonna (2005) ~ A joint owner of the Ciccone Vineyard and Winery in Michigan
- Dave Pack of Ambrosia (2005) ~ “Vintage 2005 Napa Valley Friend’s Blend.” (Not for sale; for family and friends, per Mike Nordskog, Wine & Jazz magazine)
- Maynard James Keenan of Tool and A Perfect Circle (2006) ~ He has Caduceus Cellars, Merkin Vineyards and Arizona Stronghold Vineyards and the associated winery, Caduceus Cellars. According to a fan, he’s full on into wine, adjusting his band’s touring schedule around harvesting and anything else he needs to do at his winery.
- Fergie of Black Eyed Peas (2006 ) ~ Ferguson Crest Wines
- Dan Aykroyd of Blues Brothers fame (2007) ~In 2007, it was announced that the Dan Aykroyd Winery would be built someday, on the property that Birchwood Estates Wines.
- Sting (Approx. 2007) ~ Vineyard in Tuscany. He makes a Chianti called Il Serrestori, and began making wines just for friends and family. By 2009, he was selling his 2007 vintage.
- Les Claypool of Primus (2007) ~ His business card simply reads, “Les.” He sings his heart out, and is now also making great wine under the Claypool Cellars label. His Website claims: Fancy Booze for semi-fancy folks. Les immediately told me, “Life’s too short, you gotta have fun!” This is what I love about rockers… and miss… They live so large and love so hard. Wine happens because it’s there. It’s not the be all to end all, and it’s not for pretension; it’s just to enjoy life a bit more.
- Eric Turner of Warrant (2007) ~ Cherry Pie Red, Napa Valley
- Jackson Brown (2008) ~ In 2008, Jackson Brown publicly contemplated turning his Hollister Ranch home in Santa Barbara, California into a vineyard.
- Queensrÿche front man Geoff Tate ( 2008) ~ Queensrÿche has teamed up with Three Rivers Winery to create a new red wine signature blend called Geoff Tate “Insania.”
- Foghat’s Roger Earl (2008) – Foghat Cellars
- Motörhead (2010) ~ Motörheadwine
- Whitesnake (2010) ~ Whitesnake Zinfandel
- Train (2011) ~ Drops of Jupiter
- Paul Cullen (2011) ~ Bad Company ~ Sonata
- AC/DC (2011) ~ AC/DC Wines (Available through Dan Murphy, Woolworth’s, and BWS liquor stores throughout Australia
- Digital Summer (2013) ~ Paul Hoffman and Victim Entertainment (V.E.) have announced a promotional partnership between national recording artist Digital Summer, and the emerging wine brand Headbanger.
- DEVO’s Gerald Casale (2015) ~THE 50 BY 50.
- Roger Earl (Foghat drummer) (2012 launched a first vintage) ~ Foghat Cellars
- The Who’s Roger Daltry (2016) – Champagne Charles Orban
- Jon Bon Jovi (2018) ~ Diving Into The Hamptons
Source : http://www.wine-blog.org/index.php/2018/02/28/jon-bon-jovi-wine/