I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes in a “mini-review” format.
They are meant to be quirky, fun, and (mostly) easily-digestible reviews of (mostly) currently available wines (click here for the skinny on how to read them), and are presented links to help you find them, so that you can try them out for yourself. Cheers!
- 2013 Tercero Mourvedre (Santa Barbara County): Might be the fastest way to add an air of intrigue to whatever meat dish you’re fixing up for dinner tonight. $35 A-
- 2016 Attune Station Ranch Chardonnay (Carneros): Crisp and clean; as in, go-ahead-and-run-that-white-gloved-finger-along-the-edges-looking-for-dust-I-double-dog-dare-ya clean. $25 B+
- 2013 Truchard Vineyards Pinot Noir (Carneros): Smoking game meat over an earthen fire-pit, snacking on red berries, while contemplating your good fortune. $32 B+
- 2015 ZD Wines Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Queue up KISS’s “Strutter `78” and crank it loud, and you’ll get a feel for the impression that this one leaves. $75 A-
- 2017 Domaine de Cala Coteaux Varois Rose (Provence): Playing darts at the local pub, and kicking your ass with multiple precision throws. $17 B
- 2017 Tenuta di Castellaro Rosa Caolino (Terre Siciliane): Heavy on the just-ripened strawberries, and also on a just-sat-down-to-enjoy-the-view sense of refinement. $NA B
- 2013 Badia a Coltibuono Chianti Classico Riserva (Tuscany): This one is kickin’ it Old School; and stylishly so. $33 B+
- 2013 Badia a Coltibuono ‘Montebello’ (Tuscany): Full of extracted, stewed fine plummy fruits; also full of story-telling character. $60 A-
- 2017 Peter Zemmer Pinot Grigio (Alto Adige): Melons, white flowers, and happiness – for both you, your guests, your salad course, and your wallet. $16 B+
- 2015 Thistledown ‘The Vagabond’ Old Vine Grenache (McLaren Vale): $30 B+
Shop Wine Products at Amazon.com
Copyright © 2016. Originally at Wine Reviews: Weekly Mini Round-Up For September 10, 2018 from 1WineDude.com - for personal, non-commercial use only. Cheers!
Source : http://www.1winedude.com/wine-reviews-weekly-mini-round-up-for-september-10-2018/