– Learn how to make your own Red wine sangria! Blue Jean Chef Meredith Laurence teaches you how to easily make the perfect mixed drink.
Watch other easy cocktail recipes:
Download free recipes from Chef Meredith Laurence:
Follow Blue Jean Chef on Facebook:
Red Wine Sangria
1 apple, diced
1 orange, halved and sliced into ¼-inch half moons
¼ cup brandy OR RUM
½ cup orange liquor (Cointreau, Triple Sec)
1 750ml bottle fruity red wine (Rioja, Garnacha, Malbec, Merlot)
1 to 2 ounces simple syrup
soda water, optional
1. Place the apple and orange in the bottom of a large pitcher and stir and smash the fruit lightly with a wooden spoon.
2. Add the brandy and orange liquor and stir. Add the red wine, stir and then let the mixture sit in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or even longer.
3. Taste the mixture and sweeten with simple syrup if desired. (To make a simple syrup, combine ½ cup water and ½ cup sugar in a saucepan. Simmer on the stovetop until the sugar has completely dissolved and then cool. Store in your refrigerator.)
4. When you are ready to serve, pour the sangria over ice cubes in large wine glasses, spooning some of the fruit into each glass. Top with a little soda water if desired.