I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes in a “mini-review” format.
They are meant to be quirky, fun, and (mostly) easily-digestible reviews of (mostly) currently available wines (click here for the skinny on how to read them), and are presented links to help you find them, so that you can try them out for yourself. Cheers!
- 2017 San Valentino Bio ‘Vivi’ (Colli di Rimini Rebola): White flowers, white peaches, red cheeks from drinking so much of it. $16 B+
- 2017 San Valentino ‘Bacaia’ Sangiovese di Romagna Superiore (Emilia-Romagna): Vibrant, spicy, versatile, delightful, and dammit please bring me a hamburger! $NA B+
- 2016 San Valentino Terra di Covignano Sangiovese di Romagna Superiore Riserva (Emilia-Romagna): Single vineyard, single clone, various responses – from plummy sexiness, to leathery grip, to funky vibrancy. $NA B+
- 2017 Celli ‘I Croppi’ Secco (Albana di Romagna): Apricots, saline, flowers, minerals; this is the luv that happens when this zesty grape meets the right limestone soils. $13 B+
- 2015 Celli ‘Bron & Ruseval’ Sangiovese Bertinoro di Romagna (Emilia-Romagna): Sour cherries and orange peel held together with sinewy tension. $NA B+
- NV Osborne ‘Sibarita’ 30 Year Old V.O.R.S Oloroso Sherry (Andalucia): Basically, you will burst out into song with “Spanish Caravan” in praise of this, or you probably lack a soul. $99 A
- 2016 The Infinite Monkey Theorem Cabernet Franc (Grand Valley): When otherwise friendly Colorado gets mysteriously dangerous in its dark intensity. $24 B+
- 2017 Whitewater Hill Riesling (Grand Valley): You’ll dig the honeysuckle, lychee, and sweet green apple; you’ll just wish that they hung around longer. $14 B-
- 2018 Gran Moraine Rose of Pinot Noir (Yamhill-Carlton District): So zesty, so vibrant, so earthy, so tasty, so pricey. $30 B+
- 2017 Bonterra Vineyards Rose (Mendocino County): You want to drink a lot of this. Yeah, you do. Admit it. $16 B
Shop Wine Products at Amazon.com
Copyright © 2016. Originally at Wine Reviews: Weekly Mini Round-Up For April 15, 2019 from 1WineDude.com
– for personal, non-commercial use only. Cheers!
Source : http://www.1winedude.com/wine-reviews-weekly-mini-round-up-for-april-15-2019/