I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes in a “mini-review” format.
They are meant to be quirky, fun, and (mostly) easily-digestible reviews of (mostly) currently available wines (click here for the skinny on how to read them), and are presented links to help you find them, so that you can try them out for yourself. Cheers!
- 2016 Golan Heights Winery Yarden Gewurztraminer (Galilee): Shrugging off its ‘semi-dry’ tag with a racy, focused, impeccable demeanor. $20 B+
- 2011 Alexander Winery ‘Alexander the Great’ Grande Reserve (Galilee): More like ‘Alexander the Very, Very, Very Large and Oaky.’ $150 A-
- 2013 Golan Heights Winery Yarden Malbec (Galilee): Offering coffee, cocoa, tobacco, and dark fruits, all with distinct and subtle edging between them. $27 B+
- 2014 Golan Heights Winery Yarden Cabernet Sauvignon (Galilee): Flinty, minty, and full of self-assured sexiness. $35 B+
- 2016 Marques de Casa Concha Carmenere (Rapel Valley): Those fresh herbs are a bit burly, and lookin’ for a fight. $25 B+
- 2016 VIK ‘Milla Cala’ (Cachapoal Valley): Speaking in only slightly incoherently dark, herbal, and gritty tongues. $40 B+
- 2013 VIK ‘La Piu Belle’ (Cachapoal Valley): Think Bordeaux’s class-act 2nd wines, only with a little Syrah that goes a long, tangy way. $85 A-
- 2016 J Vineyards & Winery Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): For when you just need to get faaahhhhhhrrrreewwwwwtaaaayyyy! $38 B+
- 2017 Plow and Stars Cellars Chardonnay (Napa Valley): Making most of the acidity disappear isn’t the kind of magic trick most of expect at this price point… $35 B
- 2018 Bonny Doon Vineyard Vin Gris de Cigare Rose (California): A pleasant song, and the singer is still hitting all of the right notes for us. $18 B+
Shop Wine Products at Amazon.com
Copyright © 2016. Originally at Wine Reviews: Weekly Mini Round-Up For September 9, 2019 from 1WineDude.com
– for personal, non-commercial use only. Cheers!
Source : http://www.1winedude.com/wine-reviews-weekly-mini-round-up-for-september-9-2019/