I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes in a “mini-review” format.
They are meant to be quirky, fun, and (mostly) easily-digestible reviews of (mostly) currently available wines (click here for the skinny on how to read them), and are presented links to help you find them, so that you can try them out for yourself. Cheers!
- 2017 Domaine Jean-Jacques Girard Savigny-les-Beaune (Cote de Beaune): Might be too much lemon curd for the hipper crowds, but that will just leave more for you, after all. $49 A-
- 2018 Viticultori Associati Canicatti ‘Aquilae’ Catarratto (Sicily): Flints, flowers, and… banana? Yep, all in a gulp-ably refreshing mix. $NA B
- 2018 Viticultori Associati Canicatti ‘Fileno’ Grillo (Sicily): It might be performing a Sauvignon Blanc impersonation, but it’s a damned entertaining one. $17 B
- 2018 Viticultori Associati Canicatti ‘Menamara’ (Sicily): A chewy, spicy, passito style red that’s not to be passed up, provided that opportunity presents itself. $NA B+
- NV Fratelli Lunelli Ferrari Metodo Classico Rose (Trentino-Alto Adige): Dried strawberry, rose petal, and a very soon to be very empty glass. $30 B+
- 2014 Secondo Marco Valpolicella Classico Superiore Ripasso (Veneto): A fine, balanced interplay between tangy and prune-y; just right for a just-now pasta fix. $30 B+
- 2016 Travaglino ‘Campo della Fojada’ Riesling Riserva Oltrepo Pavese (Lombardy): There’s something happening here… what it is, ain’t exactly clear… but it’s clearly very, very interesting. $NA B+
- 2017 Bonterra Vineyards Merlot (Mendocino County): Someone remembered that tangy, much to our collective delight. $14 B
- 2016 Gundlach-Bundschu Estate Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Sonoma Valley): Just a mere cub for now, in training for its more regal lion status in a few years. $40 A-
- 2018 Two Hands Wines Angel’s Share Shiraz (McLaren Vale): A dollop of manly, a splash of feminine, and a heap of delightful. $33 A-
Shop Wine Products at Amazon.com
Copyright © 2016. Originally at Wine Reviews: Weekly Mini Round-Up For December 2, 2019 from 1WineDude.com
– for personal, non-commercial use only. Cheers!
Source : http://www.1winedude.com/wine-reviews-weekly-mini-round-up-for-december-2-2019/